Genres of Magazines

 Lately, I have researching what kind of magazine I would like to produce. Looking for the genre that appeals to myself the most is harder than I anticipated. My goal is to ultimately produce a magazine that is relatable and enjoyable to others. The following is a list of genres I am considering: 

    1. Entertainment: This type of magazine attracts people who are interested in the different elements of entertainment ( ex. film, tv, and books), details of production, and upcoming events as well. 


    2. Women's beauty: A women's beauty magazine would be ideal for anyone who would like to be informed of the latest fashion styles, beauty tips, fashion advice, and more. 


    3. Cooking/Food: A cooking/food magazine is typically filled with mainly a variety of recipes, cooking advice, restaurant reviews, and chef interviews. The targeted audience are people who'd like to expand their cooking expertise. 


    4. Sports: Information on professional sports teams and news on sports games/events are the main ideas expressed in a sports magazine. Athletes and fans are the main demographic that read this genre of magazines. 

References: 


Comments