Reflection on Syllabus

 I have a prior experience of being in a journalism class, which helped the development of my writing skills. I believe having this previous experience should help me complete the listed tasks written in my introduction post. 

    In regards to the different aspects of the course, I am looking forward to researching information for my magazine. It will be interesting to explore the different standards of beauty that are implemented into our society through media. I am looking forward to strengthening my critical thinking skills, which will aid me in the future. The development of my creative skills is also an aspect I am anticipating.

    Constructing this foundation portfolio makes me nervous, because a lot of time and energy will be devoted to it. Although I am anticipating strengthening my creative skills, it also makes me nervous. I consider my creativity to be at a low level, so thinking about the process of building them makes me timid. The idea of not passing the exam given at the end of this course makes me anxious as well, simply due to my interest of gaining credit for this course.

I hope to gain a clear insight on how the media portrays standards of beauty to our society.





Comments