House Style Reflection

         In this post I will reflect on the different house styles I reviewed. The main house styles that I liked were the ones listed in my previous blog post. They were all unique to their editions and brand, and had several components that attracted my attention. 

The Vanity Fair magazine included great placement for the some of texts. For example, the celebrity's name and image were right in the center of the magazine, where reader's can easily identify it. However, there were some subtexts that may be considered too small for the reader to pay attention to. Small placements may insinuate that they have less significance compared to the bigger texts. The color scheme was perfect, because there were no colors being utilized that didn't correlate with each other. 

The Time magazine had the most simplistic, straightforward approach compared to the other three magazines I listed. The font of the text is formal and appears sharp. There isn't too much to read on the cover, and the cover image corresponds to the title of the magazine. Due to this, the reader would have to open the magazine to find out what topics are included within the magazine. 

The Vogue magazine was visually pleasing to look at. The color scheme was vibrant, but not too dramatic due to the combination of the white and black colors. It color scheme corresponds with the cover image, aligning perfectly with the light yellow undertones. The texts were big enough to read, and describes other components within the magazine. 

    Ultimately, I believe I will incorporate the different aspects I liked from each magazine into my own. 

References:  Vanity Fair Cover: https://www.amazon.com/Vanity-Magazine-September-Kristen-Stewart/dp/B07VWCWJR8

Time Cover: https://time.com/vault/year/2020/

Vogue Cover: https://www.insider.com/celebrities-unrecognizable-magazine-covers-2018-6




Comments