Preliminary Task: Cover Page Analysis

 Welcome back!


    For my sample cover page, I decided to produce a simplistic-looking template. Although I am interested in creating a magazine with more text written on the cover page, less text looked better on the sample cover page. Too much text would take up space into the cover model's face and body, so I decided to minimize written information.

    I did have trouble deciding on the color scheme, due to my cover picture's background not fitting with most colors that interested me. I decided to choose the most neutral fitting colors for my text. I am not completely satisfied with the color scheme, but I think it looks decent. I know that for my actual magazine, I will have to take some time to plan the correlation between the cover image and color scheme for the texts. 

    Figuring out the placement of the texts was not difficult. The simplistic layout offered me a convenient way to place the text throughout the cover page. However, if I decide to create a magazine with a different kind of layout, it would require more planning for the placement of texts. 

    Overall, I believe that this preliminary task aided me with understanding the process of creating a magazine. Beforehand, I didn't know how to use tools to even begin to create a magazine. Now, I feel more prepared to create my magazine.

Comments