Survey Analysis

     After reviewing the results of my magazine survey, I am able to conclude what content I should include within the magazine. I was able to really notice the following: 

- All of the people that responded to my survey were between the ages of 17 and 18.

- Most of the responders almost never/never read beauty magazines, and a few have sometimes. This informs me that beauty magazine, or magazines in general, may not be of interest for these people. 

- Most people preferred to see tips and tricks for hair care, although visual representation of different types of people, as well as interviews, were also preferred. 

- Most individuals actually look for representation within magazines, although there were others that sometimes do. It was interesting to know there was not anyone that always didn't look for representation within magazines. This informs me that definitely including representation is a great idea. 

- Most people prefer to see a medium close up picture of a black woman for my cover page, which is expected to be represented within the survey. Since most people that responded look for representation within magazines, this is a great choice of gender and race representation. 

- Pastel and bold colors for a color scheme came very close in being the most chosen. It still narrowed down my choices for color schemes, however. 

    Ultimately, this survey helped me understand my demographic and how my magazine should appeal to it. The survey has definitely helped me narrow down a couple ideas regarding design and the layout of my magazine. 


Comments