Evaluation Question 1: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

 Hello, 

Here is the link to my video: https://youtu.be/pAlF0zZ_rKI

 

 

 Transcript: 

-          Hi, my name is Shaony Lopez and the question I will be answering is “How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?” So to begin with, my magazine basically used all of the conventions that you see in a typical magazine, which are the masthead, taglines, barcode, cover image, and things of that nature. So, I wanted to keep the color scheme very neutral so that it could blend in with my cover page as a whole, especially the image that I chose for the cover. I wanted things to look simple, I didn’t want things to look too bold and I tried to keep my taglines at a minimum. So what I mean by that is, I didn’t want taglines that would fill up my entire page and make my cover page filled with information because I feel like that tends to make the magazine look crowded and it may not attract customers to want to pick up the magazine. So, I just really tried to keep things at a minimum, I tried to keep things looking simple, and nothing too bold. So, the way that I feel like my magazine represents social groups or issues, is really since I feel like in today’s society women are unrepresented in general, but in the indus-beauty industry I’m sorry, specifically, I feel like women who are white have far more representation than ethnic women, especially black women. So, my magazine is for women who look like my friends and I, for others like us who can feel represented. I wanted my magazine to represent this because the beauty industry is starting to look more inclusive, but I do believe that there is a long way to go. There is still a lot of underrepresentation going on, so I just feel like my magazine touches right on what we need more of.

Comments